http://www.glitter-graphics.com/graphics/315269

Wednesday 7 December 2011

When A Friend Hurts You


Even as an adult I find myself still getting hurt by friends. When you are young you just cry and move on. As a teenager you cry, get mad, get even and then move on. As and adult you just wonder why things like this still happen. Here is a little story of what has happened to me lately.
For two years I have been friends with a lady who has kids the same age as mine and we both are members of a lot of the same organizations. Not a day went by that we did not talk. Our kids played together all the time, we took care of each others kids, helped each other out all the time, we were by most standards what people call best friends. Then one day it was like I was replaced but this time by someone that she cannot seem to live without. The replacement is always with her, I cannot even call without the cannot even call without the replacement being around. I really wonder what there husbands think, because you never see one without the other even at the grocery.
At first I was so hurt...then when my child's feelings started getting hurt I got mad and now I am kind of like whatever! I still miss what we had, and truly do not understand what took place, but this is just another one of those steps in life.
Why is it that we let people hurt us in this manner? Why do we have this desire to have that one true friend? Will we ever learn from the mistakes of letting people use us and them drop us when they think something better comes along?
I hope I can learn from this last painful journey with friendship. My new view is that I need acquaintances, but not friends. That way I truly never completely open up to just one group of people or that one special person but have several people I spread my time and life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!!